Sutterton Veterinary Hospital Fees
Veterinary fees in this area of England have gone up considerably in the last decade and will no doubt continue to go up in line with the additional expectations that are placed on a modern small animal practice. Advances in diagnostics such as ‘in house’ blood machines allow vets to work up a case more fully and more quickly than was previously possible but also add to the practice costs and are therefore factored in to the fee structure. Modern veterinary medicines are considerably more advanced than they were a decade ago and each year new better drugs come on to the market. Many of these drugs are more expensive than the previously available drugs but bring great value in terms of their efficacy and safety so it is only appropriate that we use these where indicated to treat your pet in the best way open to us.
Having said that, at Sutterton Veterinary Hospital we aim to keep our fees as low as possible and in line with other practices in the area. In 2018 our fees were in the lowest 20% of all UK Veterinary Hospitals meaning we offer Hospital level veterinary care at a fair price.
Below are a number of commonly requested fees should you wish to know for comparison purposes. All prices are current as of opening and are INCLUDING V.A.T at the current rate
- CAT / DOG / RABBIT CONSULTATION ... £30.00
- CAT / DOG / RABBIT REVISITS ... £20.00
- CAT / DOG / RABBIT MINIMAL REVISIT ... £16.00
- NAIL CLIPPING NURSE ... from £10.00
- KITTEN VACCINATION inc.Felv ... £24.90 each (two needed 3w apart)
- CAT BOOSTER VACCINATION Flu Only ... £18.95
- CAT BOOSTER FULL VACCINATION inc. Felv ... £29.90
- PUPPY VACCINATION ... £20 each (two needed 3 - 4 weeks apart)
- DOG BOOSTER VACCINATION ... £24.50
- DOG BOOSTER inc. Kennel Cough ... £42
- DOG VACCINATION RABIES ... £34.50
- RABBIT VACCINATION ... £24.50 (Combined Myxi & VHD vaccination)
- GENERAL ANAESTHETIC CAT / DOG ... £72 - £120
- CAT SPAY ... £45
- CAT CASTRATION ... £30
- DOG CASTRATION ... £100 - £150.00 (Weight dependent: Small - Giant)
- DOG BITCH SPAY ... £145.00 - £245.00 (Weight dependent: Small - Giant)
- DENTAL CAT (just scale & polish) ... from £135
- DENTAL DOG (just scale & polish) ... from £140 - £175 (Weight dependent: Toy -Giant)
- MICROCHIP CAT / DOG ... £13.20 (8mm Mini-microchip)
- CAESARIAN DOG ... £400 - £610 (Weight dependant: Small - Giant)
- CAESARIAN CAT ... £295
- CRUCIATE REPAIR e.g. Springer size dog £700 (Lateral nylon stabilisation) or from £2600 (TTA/TTO fixation with Orthopaedic Certificate holder)
- PATELLA LUXATION e.g. Small breed from £700 (More if Orthopaedic Certificate holder)
- OUT OF HOURS VETS SURCHARGE ... £75 before 10pm then £110 to morning opening.
- OUT OF HOURS NURSE NEEDED ... fee £24 before 10pm then £42 to morning opening. ( Also time dependant )
- PRESCRIPTION CHARGE ... £7.50 for 1st drug (and then £5.00 for each drug thereafter if multiple medications in same patient)
PLEASE NOTE OUR PRICES INCLUDE VAT AT THE STANDARD RATE.
The above prices are for every day customers but for customers who do things in larger amounts/numbers. Any fee item done in high amounts can be included and these vary from customer to customer to suit their needs. Registered charities can have a higher discount still but the amount depends on what procedures and products it relates to. Please enquire for more details.
In the past we have been able to offered payment plans, but to a large extent these are now no longer available for various legal reasons. Payment is expected at the time.
For neutering and certain other fixed cost operations we can quote an all in fixed price which will not alter no matter what we encounter. Other operations are done on an estimated basis and by this we mean we will give you an estimate on our best guess if all goes to plan. However, every operation on every animal is different and thus this will change a little from case to case. If we discover something that we were not expecting before the operation that will increase the price over the quotation by more than 10% then we will always stop and ring you before we proceed further. For this and many other reasons please make sure your contact numbers are correct
Post Operation Complications
In some rare cases where there are post-operation wound issues such as infection or swelling etc. these are not covered by estimates or quotes. In these cases we will not charge any further fees for our time but please be aware that we do charge for any necessary medications, dressings involved in resolving the problems or where vets are called back to the practice 'out of hours'.
Except for charities, kennels and some other high volume clients, we do not run an accounts based system and as such it will be expected that you pay for all fees at the time of each consultation or on collecting your pet after an operation. Should this not be possible please discuss this with the staff before you incur the costs so as some compromise may be reached as to a method of payment. We accept cash and all credit/charge cards or cheques with accompanying guarantee card.